So excited to be linking up with I Heart Grade 3 again this week for her Weekly Summer Link-Up party!
This week's link-up is all about my teaching quirk. It took me some time to come up with one... yes, because I have WAY too many! I tried to think about what other teachers in my building would say if they were asked and only one thing came to mind...
I am completely obsessed with fonts. I know that there are several of us font junkies out there but I may take it to the next level (actually Mollie too, but I don't want to throw her under the bus so I will focus on my own illness). Here is why I think this is by far my most outrageous quirk:
1. If our district sends us something to read in order to prep for a PD, I have to change the font before printing... I HAVE TO! Of course then I am embarrassed by my level of crazy and hide it shamelessly so my colleagues don't see it during the actual PD.
2. If I forget something on the printer and my name is nowhere to be found on the document, 9 times out of 10 the person who finds it is able to bring it to me without question that it is mine. We have about 30 people who are able to print to our printer so... yeah.
3. I have a mild panic attack every spring knowing that the district is going to come in to ghost our computers and that there is a possibility that I will lose all of my babies... um... I mean fonts.
4. Typically in any given year I have to ask our tech department to up the memory space on my drive because it takes up so much space saving everything as a word document AND a PDF document. It is necessary because if I need to print something from the computer lab, it won't have my fonts and if I need to send something to someone via email, they won't have my fonts and therefore I can only print/send a PDF.
5. Finally, when I start a new document it takes me WAY more time than I have to choose just the right font. Of course I have my favorites but I can't help but give some of the other fonts a fair chance to shine!
So there it is... my teaching quirk that makes my colleagues just shake their head and laugh.
(Is it sad that I am desperately hoping that some of you will leave some of your favorite fonts in the comments JUST IN CASE I am missing out on some great fonts?!? Yes! It is an illness!!!)